The U.S. Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) has announced the National Breastfeeding Month 2022 campaign and celebration!
Each August, we celebrate National Breastfeeding Month. USBC invites us – member organizations, breastfeeding coalitions, partner organizations, communities, and individuals – “to participate in online action and conversation about the policy and practice changes needed to build a landscape of support for babies and families.” The four weeks are filled with celebrations, stories, information, and opportunities to learn more about the barriers and inequities in lactation support!
- Week 1: World Breastfeeding Week (August 1-7; Step Up for Breastfeeding | Educate and Support)
- Week 2: Indigenous Milk Medicine Week (August 8-14; Strengthening Our Traditions From Birth and Beyond)
- Week 3: Asian American Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Week (August 15-21; Telling Our Own Stories. Elevating Our Voices)
- Week 4: Black Breastfeeding Week (August 25-31; BBW 2022: 10 Years, A New Foundation)
As part of the National Breastfeeding Month celebrations, Breastfeed Orange NC is excited to share the work of the many community partners and our local Orange County governments – Carrboro, Chapel Hill, and Hillsborough – that have proclaimed their commitment to becoming a Breastfeeding Family Friendly Community.
Check out some of the ways you can help foster changes in policies and practices to support nursing families in our community!
- Apply to become a Community Partner or Employer.
- Follow us on social media. @breastfeedorangenc
- Reach out to learn more about ways you can help!
Together We Can Do Great ThingsUSBC National Breastfeeding Month 2022