Apply for the Breastfeed Orange NC Breastfeeding Friendly Award.
Thank you for your commitment to supporting families in the community! We celebrate the support of our local businesses and are delighted to be able to connect them with families. We would love to connect your business to families in our community, too!
Breastfeeding-Friendly Community Partners are businesses or organizations that welcome nursing families. Breastfeeding-Friendly Employers are workplaces that have made accommodations to support nursing employees.
The global pandemic has been hard on the community and your business, and we know that you are balancing additional health and safety needs with your day-to-day business needs. We also know that it has been particularly difficult on parents with young children. Nursing families are looking for businesses that are breastfeeding friendly, and breastfeeding/lactating employees benefit from your support.
We want to celebrate your business! Apply today to receive a the Breastfeed Orange NC Breastfeeding Friendly Award.
Still not sure? Learn More about the Benefits
Human milk is one of the few immune boosters that we currently can offer our infants during this global pandemic. We also know breastfeeding/chestfeeding and human milk feeding rates increase dramatically with support. Now more than ever, we all need to work together to keep families healthy and safe.
For Your Business
Providing support for nursing/lactating families at work is good for business. Hundreds of companies provide lactation support programs as part of their family friendly benefit policies. They’ve learned that lactation support programs produce a 3 to 1 return on investment and have been shown to:
- Lower health care costs due to healthier babies and parents.
- Reduce rate of absenteeism due to infant illness (among both mothers and fathers).
- Lower turnover rates.
- Improve employee productivity and loyalty.
- Apply Now
- Breastfeeding Friendly Employer/Community Partner Designation Information Sheet
- Breastfeeding Family Friendly Businesses in Orange County.
- Breastfeeding Friendly Healthcare in Orange County.
- Supporting Lactating Employees During Covid-19 Information Sheet
- The Office of Women’s Health: Business Case for Breastfeeding provides information, resources, and guidance to help you to provide worksite lactation support.
- The Business Case for Breastfeeding: For Business Managers
- Learn more about Breastfeeding – benefits, challenges, and more!
- NC Making It Work Tool Kit is designed to provide assistance to breastfeeding mothers, their employers and their families.